This olive oil banana bread has been one of the most popular recipes on my old healthy food blog, The Healthy Gourmet. I made this banana bread, like many of us, during the first lockdown and it has stood the test of time. This banana loaf cake is not only delicious but really low in added sugar ( also called “free sugar”, which is the one that really affects your metabolic health) but it is made with simple extra-virgin olive oil, making it really great for metabolic health and very convenient to make.
very convenient to make
All the ingredients in this banana bread recipe are common ingredients that most people have in their kitchen cupboard, making this loaf cake a very useful recipe.
Better for your metabolic health
Both sugar and vegetable oils are pro-inflammatory. Too much inflammation is a marker for an increased possibility of disease in the body and the brain. Extra-virgin olive oil instead, is rich in polyphenols that have anti-inflammatory properties. It is also a great choice for those on a low-saturated fat diet.
great for kids
This banana bread is great for those times when your kids ask for a slice of cake, but you don’t want to give them over sugary things.
Olive oil banana bread
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Demerara sugar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash All spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and spices and set aside. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, and mix it with the oil and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool another 30 minutes. Slice and serve warm!
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Gourmet
Did you like this recipe?
If you liked this recipe, you may other recipes that I published in my blog The Healthy Gourmet, and you might like some of the recipes I propose in my upcoming Nutrition Reboot Online Course.
When I work with my clients, I make sure they have lots of recipes and meal ideas that they really enjoy and that they can make at home in the least time and with less fuss as possible.
If you would like to know more about how I work with my clients and how I can help you better your health and well-being, do not hesitate to get in touch!
Subscribe to my blog
Claudia is a health coach and wellness expert. She helps her clients reconnect with their bodies and create more balance in their lives.